For the past 6 years, ECOcentrix Consultants has been providing sustainable solutions and consulting services to clients to help reduce energy consumption while simultaneously improving the occupant’s quality of life. During those 6 years, ECOcentrix has provided services in eight states across the Midwest.
Founded in 2011, ECOcentrix conducts independent energy audits and provides energy consulting for developers, architects, homeowners and general contractors. Our expertise includes single and multi-family retrofits, historic rehabs and new construction. ECOcentrix can certify projects to Energy Star, National Green Building Standard and Enterprise Green Community. ECOcentrix also conducts ASHRAE Level 1 and Level 2 energy audits.
ECOcentrix is headquartered at 2612 Delmar Boulevard in Saint Louis, Missouri, and is a licensed energy auditing and consulting firm in the State of Missouri (#LC9698154). Our Federal Employer Identification Number is 43-3680210, and we are a Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) in the State of Missouri (#04506) and city of Saint Louis (#1833). ECOcentrix carries general liability, automobile liability, worker’s compensation, employer’s liability and errors and omissions insurance.
General Tips For Lowering Bills
- Use incandescent light bulbs for compact fluorescents (CFL's). Each light bulb changed uses 75% less energy!
- Set water heater to 120°F.
- Update to High Efficiency Energy Star appliances.
- Unplug electronics not regularly in use.
- Change air filters in furnace as needed.
- Wash clothes in cold water with detergents to sanitize clothing.
How To Lower Monthly Bills
- Caulk leaky windows.
- Add weatherstripping, if there is light coming in around a door and to attic hatches.
- Hire an energy auditor with a blower door to point out where the worst cracks are.
How To Save Money Annually
- Increase attic insulation to at least R49-R60.
- Make sure all walls are insulated.
- Tune heating and cooling systems.
- Upgrade or replace old windows.